A lot of Americans think car detailing and car washing are the same thing. Not so! Car detailing goes beyond the regular car wash to make the vehicle look clean inside and outside. Unlike washing the car, car detailing does not use an automated system to handle the cleaning. Instead, it involves careful handwashing by highly experienced car detailers.
If you want to get your car looking its best, consider mobile car detailing. Below is more information.
Interior car detailing requires a lot of effort and time, even more than exterior detailing. A dirty car interior has a bad odor and is unattractive. It also brings operational complications.
For example, dirty air exhaust puts allergens in the cabin; grit and dirt may make switches fail, and dirty windows can make it hard to see the road.
Depending on which mobile car detailer you visit, there are various ways to handle interior car detailing. Standard items include:
- Vacuum: The first stage is to clean the inside of the car with a high-power vacuum. This includes the seats, headliners, cargo area, trunk and dashboard. To get the best results, the floor mats should be cleaned by themselves. For the harder areas that are difficult to reach, air compressors can blow the dirt out and then it can be swept up.
- Steam Cleaning: This is what is needed to clean mats and carpets. A complete scrubbing is performed on the mats to take out any blemishes and stains that may build up over several years. A steam cleaner also may be used to get out the toughest stains.
- Glass Cleaning: A special glass cleaner is used to clean the inside and outside of the glass. It will ensure the glass is extremely clean and you can see very clearly out of the vehicle.
- Leather Detailing: A high-quality leather cleaner, saddle soap, and leather soap can be used to clean every leather surface. If the leather has dried out, a special conditioner will be used to make it smooth and soft again.
- Perfuming: To leave the inside of the car with a fresh scent, a deodorant is used.
If you decide to spend the money on a good car detailing, you will not be disappointed. Your car will look almost new inside and out. Having your car looking this good at an affordable price is one of the best things you can do to maintain the value of your car.