You want to get your car detailed. Before searching for “car detailers near me”, it’s a good idea to know what they use. That will help you make an informed decision, since you want to get the best results for your money.
You know that they don’t just cast a spell like a sorcerer from comic book movies and have the car look spotless. They have certain tools that they use, and if they skimp on that, then you won’t be happy.
- Car Towel Detergent – Yes, there are detergents geared for this
- Detailing Towels – Car detailers use different towels, ranging from chamois to microfiber ones.
- Dirt Filter – They put these in their water buckets to strain out dirt and have it fall at the bottom rather than on their towels.
- Sprayer Bottles – These allow workers to spray chemicals on the car to clean them.
- Hoses and Reels – The detailer has to keep their areas tangle free – the reels keep the workers from tripping all over.
- Wash Bucket – A detailer usually uses two or more of these during a job. Using just one runs the risk of using dirty water.
- Bucket Dolly – This allows them to move heavy buckets without strain.
For The Interior
- Carpet and Upholstery Extractors – When this is used, it can make the carpet look showroom new.
- Detailing Steamer – This can both disinfect and clean a good portion of the car.
- Leather Cleaners – Leather can be quite difficult to clean – this makes it easier.
- Ozone Generator – Does your car have a lingering odor, like smoke? The ozone generator gets rid of it.
- Vacuum Cleaner – This is important since it clears up a lot of dust and other things that were in your car.
For The Exterior
- Glass Cleaners – Cleaning the windshield is an important part, since you want to be able to see well.
- Metal Polishers – This can make your car gleam like new.
- Paint Cleaners – Sometimes cleaning the paint can be difficult- this helps them greatly.
- Tire Cleaners – Having tires that are nice and shiny can also drastically improve the look of your car.
- Waterless Car Wash – California has had droughts in the past and this can be huge for those times. It requires significantly less water and is also good for the environment.
This is far from an exhaustive list, but it’s a good basic guide. Ask the detailer their process before committing and you should be happy with the results.